Buzzy installation Guides
link to Github Pages / Prettier Version
Information for running your own PRIVATE branded instance of Buzzy - a low/no code platform for businesses to deliver desktop and mobile applications.
Buzzy is either install on premise or in the cloud. At it’s core it’s a set of Docker images that are typically installed in to Kubernetes (K8s) environment. While Buzzy could be installed as a stand-alone Docker install or Docker Swarm, Kubernetes is typically used to give more robustness, auto-scaling and reliability.
The Buzzy software is comprised of a number of key components/services:
- Buzzy servers - this is a set of NodeJS micro services:
- Core services - a docker image that handles the core service
- Logging service - docker image that handles all things logging. Logging can be used for analytics - eg who has views a resource, comment etc and logging of other events.
- Database - Mongo based persistent scalable storage. This can be an on premise instance of Mongo or a hosted MongoDB
- Object Storage Service - an AWS S3 compatible S# service. These can be hosted on AWS or on premise with a service like Minio
- External Services- there are various external services that a Buzzy server can integrate with. Including 3rd Party REST API end points like Spectrum Spatial, ServiceNow, SalesForce, HCL Connections etc and Single Sign On (SSO) services like Microsoft/Office 365, HCL Connections, Google, Slack etc
- Push Services provided by Google’s Firebase and Apple Push Notifications
- Buzzy clients are typically one of:
- Browser clients like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Native Apps build as branded native applications that are able to communicate with the Buzzy Server. Buzzy uses React Native to create these native application. It’s important to not that a single Buzzy client can house/deliver any Buzzy application, so separate native applications are not required.
Custom Installation Guides
- MiniKube minikube install - providing a simple, quick to install option for K8s that can run on your workstation or simple stand-alone implementation
- HCL Connections - A Kubernetes based installed - HCL Connections On Premise Install
- Production Cloud environments like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM Cloud and many more (details coming soon, but very similar to HCL Connections) - at it’s core Buzzy’s Docker images are deployed into the cloud environments K8s environment.
- Hosted - contact the Buzzy team fore formation
Support or Contact
Please go to the Buzzy website and follow the links there.